Tickets went on sale last week to members for the Timperley Sports Club 140th celebratory Dinner with a difference - Torquay comes to Timperley as we host 'the Faulty Towers Dining Experience' at the Club on Saturday 24th June (club event) and Sunday 25th June (public event).
35%+ were sold in the first few days and TSC members and friends need to book their tickets before 28th May to avoid disappointment. Tickets will go on sale to the general public from Monday 29th May. Tickets are limited to 100 per event.
Book individual tickets or organise your mates to book tables of 8 - 10. For larger groups discuss seating options with the club.
Find out more about the Faulty Towers - Dining Experience and book your tickets fast as they're selling like hot cakes. There are limited numbers avaiable and after four days a third of the tickets for the Saturday night show have already been sold! When they're gone they're gone so don't miss out - and let's get a good hockey turnout too !
There will be two Dining Performances:
- Saturday 24th June (evening) evening is for club members and guests only and forms part of the 140th celebrations (unsold tickets will go on public sale so don't miss out by leaving booking tickets too late)
- Sunday 25th June (lunchtime) is an open event for anyone to attend, club members, general public
- Venue: Timperley Sports Club
- Times: Saturday: doors open at 7:00pm, performance commences at 7:30pm
Sunday: doors open at 12:00pm, performance commences at 12:30pm
- Tickets: £37.50 per person (all tickets include a 3-course meal and 2-hour interactive show)
- how to book / bookings & enquiries: 0161 980 4397 / or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll be sharing details of some of the other 140th Anniversary events in the next week or so including the return of the ever popular 'Sporting Questions' evening with some great guests lined up.
More about the ‘Faulty Towers - The Dining Experience’
This globetrotting show is truly quite legendary, selling out in places like Edinburgh Fringe, Raffles Singapore and Sydney Opera House. In this, its 20th birthday year, it debuts at Timperley Sports Club, but be warned: it will sell out here too, so early booking is essential.
Chaos greets audiences as soon as they walk through the door. In this fully immersive experience, the audience become diners in the infamous ‘Faulty’ restaurant, served a 3-course meal by Basil, Sybil and Manuel. Expect lashings of laughter, bowls full of spontaneity and as much audience participation as individual audience members want. And with 70% of the show improvised, no two performances are ever the same.
- ‘Crammed full of laughter!’ Everything Theatre, London Covent Garden 2017
- ‘A smash hit… hilariously bonkers’ Edinburgh Evening News, Edinburgh Fringe 2016
Born in Brisbane in April 1997, Faulty Towers The Dining Experience is a worldwide hit, appearing in around 20 countries. Highlights of 2017 include a string of return visits to Fringe Festivals in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Edinburgh, and tours in Europe, Scandinavia, Asia, Australia and the Caribbean. With an ongoing residency, too, in the heart of London’s theatre land, it’s clear that Faulty Towers The Dining Experience is the most successful interactive comedy show of its kind.
Ten teams of cast now tour the world virtually non-stop. The cast for Timperley Sports Club in June 2017 features Suzanna Hughes (Sybil), Jonathon Saunders (Basil) and Anthony Clegg (Manuel).
Note: Faulty Towers The Dining Experience is an affectionate homage to Fawlty Towers the TV series written by John Cleese and Connie Booth. Their original TV scripts are not used in Faulty Towers The Dining Experience.
Updated 01:02 - 13 Jun 2017 by Shelagh Entwisle