We're delighted to announce that out application for the Co-op Local Community Fund has been successful and from today you can help grow and develop hockey at Timperley when you shop at the Co-op ! This is fantastic news and with your help over the next 12 months we hope to raise at least £2,000 to directly fund our new #GrowOurOwn Volunteer Programme.
SIGN UP NOW - the sooner you sign up and select Timperley Hockey Club as your local cause the soon we start earning funds for developing hockey at THC and you start benefiting too ! Please don't delay ! https://www.coop.co.uk/membership
Follow the simple steps below to Choose us as you local cause and help us get started raising funds now - the sooner you go online and select Timperley Hockey Club as your local cause the sooner funds start to be raised for the club - so don't delay. This is part of the Co-op Members scheme* that gives - 5% for you and 1% for your local community so as well as earning funds for the club you'll earn your own reward too !
One of our aims for the season is to extend our #GrowOurOwn initiatives from Umpires to all volunteer roles and help members, parents and friends of THC get involved in making hockey happen towards our goals of #GreatHockeyClub and #GreatMatchDay. Cub's like ours can only do what we do in offering a growing range of hockey activitie for all ages because of our dedicated blue and black army of volunteers - people like you ! Our mantra is to get more people involved and spread the load so many hands make light work.
But, we know making those first steps into volunteering can be a bit daunting so we've been looking at how we make it easier and help remove some of those natural worries and concerns. Caroline Small, our Hockey Development Chair, has designed a full programme or courses, drop in session and other support to help anyone that wants to get involved including: first aid; safeguarding; coaching; umpiring; young leaders and parent managers. We'll be sharing more details of the programme, that will cover all ages ,before Christmas
How it works
- As a Co-op member, every time you shop at Co-op, 1% of what you spend on selected own-brand products and services goes to the local community fund and 5% for you. So its a win win !
- for Timperley Hockey Club to benefit from your spend you MUST go on line and select us as your local cause - you can change causes in the year if you are supporting other groups but do support THC for part of the next 12 months if you can
- anyone living within 15 miles of the Timperley Co-op store can choose Timperley Hockey Club as their local cause so help spread the word
- The money raised by all the members shopping, together with money from shopping bag sales, helps to fund local projects in the local. In the last 12 months £20m has been raised and given to local causes so the pennies do add up.
- to sign up as a member or log into your membership account to select THC go to https://www.coop.co.uk/membership
- the sooner you sign up the sooner the THC funding pot will grow
- the scheme applies to eligible sales in any Co-op Food store but you must swipe your membership card when you shop
Updated 23:48 - 26 Feb 2018 by Shelagh Entwisle