A huge thanks to everyone who has signed up and choose Timperley Hockey Club as their local Co-op cause since we were selected in late November 2017. All the 1%'s and pennies really do add up and we are delighted to announce that up to June we you have helped us raise £848 by using your Co-op members and Choosing THC[/b] as your local cause. We're due to receive our second payment in July and there are now only FOUR months to go to raise funds as our period as a Coop Local Cause ends in October!
Still no signed up ? There's still time to sign up and help raise even more funds for THC and boost this amount. Its simple the more people who sign up, and then use their Co-op membership card when they shop the more funds we can raise.
We are using these funds to support the development of our growing army of volunteers that make hockey happen at THC and using the funding to help support the cost of training to #GrowOurOwn.
This week's safeguarding course run at the club is one of the courses we are providing with support from the Co-op's local causes funding. We've now signed up 11 umpires to go on the level 1 course in March and with club and Co-op support we are funding the cost of this training for volunteers to make hockey happen. Investing in our volunteers and supporting them is key to us and showing our support and recognition. The Umpiring training will cost £500+ so you can see how vital external funding is to helping develop our volunteers.
To find out more go to Co-op Local Community Fund . THC will benefit from the Co-op local causes scheme until November 2018 so with your help we aim to raise over £2000 to part fund our #GrowOurOwn volunteer programme.
SIGN UP NOW - https://www.coop.co.uk/membership See our short video that sets out how to sign up
Follow the simple steps below to Choose us as you local cause and help us get started raising funds now - the sooner you go online and select Timperley Hockey Club as your local cause the sooner funds start to be raised for the club - so don't delay. This is part of the Co-op Members scheme* that gives - 5% for you and 1% for your local community so as well as earning funds for the club you'll earn your own reward too !
How it works
- As a Co-op member, every time you shop at Co-op, 1% of what you spend on selected own-brand products and services goes to the local community fund and 5% for you. So its a win win - but you need to swipe your members card when you shop !
- for Timperley Hockey Club to benefit from your spend you MUST go on line and select us as your local cause - you can change causes in the year if you are supporting other groups but do support THC for part of the next 12 months if you can
- anyone living within 15 miles of the Timperley Co-op store can choose Timperley Hockey Club as their local cause so help spread the word
- the money raised by all the members shopping, together with money from shopping bag sales, helps to fund local projects in the local. In the last 12 months £20m has been raised and given to local causes so the pennies do add up.
- to sign up as a member or log into your membership account to select THC go to https://www.coop.co.uk/membership
- the sooner you sign up the sooner the THC funding pot will grow
- the scheme applies to eligible sales in any Co-op Food store but you must swipe your membership card when you shop
Thansk for your support - please spread the word and help us make those pennies into pounds and a small army of THC volunteers !
Updated 03:14 - 14 Aug 2018 by Shelagh Entwisle