Join us for our big club weekend to formally close off the 201819 Season with social hockey, presentations and the Hockey AGM.
This year we've got hockey on both days with:
Saturday 11th May 2019
- Annual club senior Mixed 7's afternoon of hockey for all players from all teams starting at 1.45pm
- 2019 Hockey AGM from 4.45pm - 6.00pm
Sunday 12th May 2019
- Academy end of season parents v kids games arrive for 9.45am
- Parents v Kids hockey 10.00am - 11.00am
- Academy presentations for all ages from our Cubs to Under 16's and Young Leaders starting at 11.15pm due to finish for 12.30pm
Details for the Academy end of season arrangements have been sent round via Pitchero (from Nisha) including the revised timing to help us best to organise both the games and presentations as we now have so many players to accommodate. Please note we have the pitches all morning so the plan is to start earlier and be finished by 1.30pm at the latest.
SIGN UP FOR THE SENIOR MIXED 7's NOW - we need to confirm numbers for food and teams on Thursday 9th May. Please let us know if you can play by either using the Doodle Poll Link below - or update your availability on Pitchero (see schedule and the date is set up as a fixture for All Mens and All Ladies teams)
#OneClub Mixed 7's Tournament meet at 1.30pm to finalise teams ready for hcokey 1.45pm - 4.15pm and back in the club for food (sign up now via Pitchero (fixture under all mens and all ladies teams) or via the Doodle Poll to book your place in a team) - see below. £5 match fee £3 for U18's /concessions to cover food and prizes.
- 2018 Hockey AGM, food from 4.30pm and ready to start the AGM and any remaining awards from 4.45pm and we will be all done by 6pm at the latest. All welcome to come along to the AGM and find out more about hockey at THC and future plans and ask questions you have
We set up this internal mixed 7's tournament up when we merged a couple of seasons ago and its been a real hit with all involved. Its a great way to meet folks from across the section and we will be organising teams in advance to mix up players of all ages / from across all teams. Its been a real highlight to see 1st Team players along side the Vets, or 5th / 6th Team Players along with some of our budding academy players all in one team - proper #hockeyfamily stuff !
To make this tournament work we need names in advance to sort the teams so please sign up via the Doodle Poll if you can come along. Meet time 1.30pm to introduce teams, then we'll play through til about 4pm/4.15pm. The Tournament will be followed by some food and the 2019 Hockey AGM.
The Hockey AGM will also provide the opportunity to update specifically around the thinking as part of the TSC Club Development and the 'hockey specific bits' along with how the overall Club development will benefit hockey and the overall club.
We will also be electing our Hockey Officers and Committee for the 2019-20 and other key roles and captains and vice captains. We'll be sending more information out about the roles available or ways to get involved on a more informal basis. If you're interested in getting involved with helping make hockey happen at THC, on or off the pitch, please contact:
- Your Club Captain - Jo Robinson or Kieran Jeffery
- For the Academy roles and support - Nisha Sathi
- or Shelagh Entwisle or any of our current Committee Members, Rob Judd (Secretary), Malcom Tucker (Treasurer), Caroline Small (Development),Jackie Lord (Sponsorship and Fund-raising)
Let's get a great THC #HockeyFamily turnout to mark the end of season when numbers involved in hockey at the club have grown and more people are playing and training making the future for hockey bright at Stockport Road.
Updated 14:03 - 17 May 2019 by Shelagh Entwisle