Since our last update following the Timperley Sports Club (TSC) AGM (in April) works been progressing on ‘Project 18’ the name given to the next planned phase of development at the club. As part of TSC its really important that the hockey section and hockey players, parents, umpires, coaches and supporters get involved to help shape the next phase of how we develop our club. And it is our club, TSC os owned and run by its members (us) for the benefit of members - simple as that so everything we do - or could do - if down to us the members to make it happen, support it and shape it !
Project 18 is now at a key stage in the planning and prioritising of what we do to develop our facilities and what we do - and there are lots of choices to make but also lots of opportunities including :
What kind or new artificial turf pitch and floodlights do we want and when ? What can we afford ?
What will a new extension to the clubhouse look like and should it include, meeting spaces, a gym or enlarged function room?
Do we need more car parking spaces and better traffic flow… if so how will we do this?
These are some of the questions and choices we have to make over the next couple of months.
Over the last year and a bit, although it might have a seemed as though nothing was happening, but behind the scenes a lot of the preliminary discussions have been taking place with the local authority, national governing bodies amongst others.
After narrowing down some options we now know that ‘Project 18’ has 3 core element.
1. Site master-planning. Access and traffic flow, car parking, site safety & security, environment and energy
2. ATPs. Their refurbishment, floodlighting upgrade, fencing, spectators viewing and equipment storage.
3. Clubhouse development. Could we accommodate all or any of the following; multi-use activity space / Fitness area / Therapy-consulting-meeting spaces extended Kitchen-Bar Cellar / external viewing area / Changing / Storage / Café / Office Space for rental
We would like to invite you to help us shape the final project and be involved in choosing the right options. he TSC project 18 team has set up 7 discussion areas, or work-groups, who will look at options and prioritises:
Members, Parents, Umpires or anyone involved with hockey (or any other section) are invited to join one of the following groups who will meet a couple of times over to summer to progress the options and ideas.
We're looking for people with specific expertise to share but also committed interest to improve the club.
Take a look at the workgroups below and see how to sign up to get involved. Sign up ASAP as the first sessions will be help over the next few weeks
The 7 discussion / workgroups are:
1. Site Masterplan – Are you a project manager, highways engineer, construction, QS or have professional experience in environmental issues?
2. ATP’s – Have you wider knowledge of different artificial turf playing surfaces or of a national sports governing body?
3. Bar/catering/functions – Do you have workplace experience of the catering / hospitality or the voluntary community sector?
4. Fitness/activities/education - Have you senior experience of the fitness industry, the third sector or education?
5. Therapy/consulting options – Do you work in health or social care?
6. Sports Development Strategy – Are you a sports development professional or sports coach ?
7. Sponsorship and corporate partnerships – Can you build relationships with corporate bodies or individuals ?
Or…. and perhaps this is the most important quality we are looking for…. Are you a club member with a committed interest to improve our facilities and what we do….?
If the answer is yes or maybe, then sign up for one or two of the above work groups by following this link by 16th June ….
TSC Project 18 Works Groups - let us know which ones you'd like to contribute to
or if you have a problem with the above link try https://doodle.com/poll/vdd5qgsv6dr7emhi
We anticipate that that each group will meet once or twice through June-August
Each of the workgroups will have a lead facilitator who will be in touch with you after Sat 16th June with details of the workgroups first meeting date/time…
If you have any other questions or thoughts, email us on email@example.com or Shelagh Entwisle
Let's make sure hockey are well represented and contribute to this exciting next stage of the Club's future development
Updated 22:51 - 10 Jun 2018 by Shelagh Entwisle