Thanks to everyone who supported our 2019 Hockey Dinner and Awards on Friday 26th April - another fantastic night made special by having players from across all our 15 senior and masters sides, former players and TSC President Nick Burnett and Patron John Wood joining us too.
Our themed A Night at the Timperley Oscars had all the glamour of WA15 with Mr Robert Judd taking on the MC for the night duties and guiding us through the evening !
As well as celebrating the season and presenting the annual awards - we also raised an amazing an overall total of £1600 on the night with:
- £1415 raised on the night to start of the 'hockey fund-raising pot' to go towards Project 18 and the next exciting phase of developing our facilities (£350 from the auction and £1065 from the table collection). Special thanks to the Mawby's, Gaz Tucker and of course Matt Horan for their generous Auction Bids - and the good news is the 2012 hockey ball will be back again next year !
- £185 raised from the bucket collection for the British Heart Foundation to go towards the Men's 1 Three Peaks Challenge in memory of Kwasi - helping them reach £580 of their target of £1000 - please follow the link and donate if you've not already done so
Thank you to all the teams and individuals who donated raffle prizes and auction lots that helped raise so much money on the night.
Find out who picked up the 2019 senior awards:
Most Improved Young Player (under 18 playing in senior teams)
- Male Winner - Callum Brown
- Female Winner - Phoebe Pardoe
Most Improved Senior Player (18+)
- Male Winner - Carwyn Nash
- Female Winner - Catherine Wymees
Team of the Year
- Jenny Cup - Men's 2's
- Terry Horan Trophy - Ladies 2's
Men's 1 Player Player of the Season - Akeem Rudder
Men's Top Goalscorer - Akeem Rudder
Ladies MOM's and Top Scorers for each team were also presented (see slides)
Our newest award, Kwasi Emmanuel GK of the year Trophy - Oliver Evans
Donated by the section in memory of Kwasi
Ruth Evans Trophy Chairs Awards (Ladies) - Jackie Lord
Stan Johnson Tankard: Clubman of the Year - Will Reynolds
Jo Nicholson Volunteer of the Year Trophy - Helen Cue
Akeem Rudder was sunning himself back in Barbados and wasn't able to be there to pick up his two awards but we were delighted to have a video message from the beach - despite slight technical difficulty on the night ! Video Message from Akeem (2019 Dinner and Awards)
The pdf of full presentation from the night and awards is attached (you may need to view in the desktop version of Pitchero rather than the App depending on settings)
We will be sharing the Highlights from the 2018-19 Video again at the AGM on 11th May and sharing on line afterwards.
With 130 tickets sold the clubhouse was at maximum capacity for a full sit down meal and disco and we'll rotate where teams sit next year and use the internal sound system for the awards to improve the audio.
We hope everyone had a cracking night out, with food, fizz, wine, dancing and fun casino with fast hands Tom Davies on the blackjack table and new Club Captain Jo Robinson bring a new level of croupier skills the add to Kieran's talents.
A big thank you to Kerri and her team for the wonderful meal and to Ashy, Sam and Dave R for getting the wine and bar orders through so quickly and to Ashy and Mitchy for their help setting up in the day. Thanks also to Vicky Lomas for helping with the organisation and everyone who helped with the set up.
Such a good night was had by all we have very few photos so do please share on Pitchero Photos in the 2019 Dinner Folder or on Facebook or Instagram and tag Timperley Hockey.
Thanks for supporting this #OneClub event and we look forward to seeing as many people back again in April 2020
Updated 23:21 - 28 Apr 2019 by Shelagh Entwisle