The club along with many businesses and groups from across Altrincham are joining force to Paint the town Pink in March as part of a national campaign to raise awareness and funds to Prevent Breast Cancer. Many people aren't aware that breast cancer affects both men and women.
Caroline Small, our Sports Development Officer, and hockey member has been a driving force if getting this Timperley Sports Club wide idea of the ground and supports the spirit of #OneClubFourSports
Find out more at https://preventbreastcancer.org.uk/events/paint-altrincham-pink/
Here's some of the things planned:
- decorating the clubhouse in pink with balloons, bunting and collection boxes to raise awareness
- buy one of a limited edition of 100 pink TSC t-shirts from Saturday 10th March - minimum donation £5
- cake stall on Saturday 17th march and Sunday 18th March. As well as buying cakes we hope that many hockey players and families will also be able to donate cakes and drop off
at the club in a named box on Friday 16th March
- donate your loose changes from the back of the sofa or lying around the house to boost our collection boxes - bring donations to training and match days
- wear something pink on to training (senior and academy) and on match days, take photos and tweet and spread the message and support for #PaintAltrinchamPink and #PreventBreastCancer on social media
- we hope all our umpires will don their pink shirts for umpiring duties too !
We can decorate the club pink, I will order the packs from the charity – bunting, balloons, collection boxes etc.
- teams are asked to think about any challenges that they'd like to take on and raise sponsorship
- stay down the club on Saturday 17th March for our Pink and Green informal social
- please share any ideas with your captain, the academy team or Caroline Small and lets bring a splash of colour to the club for one week for a great cause and let pink replace our cherished blue and black !
Updated 23:45 - 1 Mar 2018 by Shelagh Entwisle