Men's 2's Team Coach Vacancy
With both our Men’s 1s and Women’s 1sin the EnglandHockey League Conference North,
developing our 2s squads, club and junior playersis a key part of our strategy.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated coachto lead our Men’s second team
training, lead the Men’ssecond team on matchdays and support the Men’s first team Performance squad.
Our Men’s second team are currently in the North West Premier Division. They will work closely with the men’s head coach,support the delivery of a consistent development pathway across the second teamsquad as well as supporting the transitionto senior hockey and development of junior players.
Key responsibilitiesfor Men’s 2’s Coach will include:
• Plan, lead & deliver Men’s 2s coaching sessions on Tuesday evenings with a performance focus.
• Support the 1s‘performance squad’ on Thursday evenings.
• Lead weekend Men’s 2s matchdays.
• Support the planning of preseasonand any in-season coaching programmes,such as fitness and
• Video analysis and feedback to the teamand individuals where applicable.
• Note: Theremay be further coaching opportunities if required for the right applicant.
• Experienced level 2 and above (or equivalent experience) coach with a vibrant personality to
enthuse and inspire the players and translate our vision and strategy intoaction.
• Experience of coaching performance hockey with a proven track recordof success
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with players, coaches, andthe club committee.
• Desire to integrate well within the club.
Timperley Hockey Club have 2 pitches and some of the best club-based facilitiesin the North of
England. Facilities that have supported Timperley being selected as one of the England Hockey
Talent Academy’s. Linked to our hockey development strategy, the role holder will be able to play key part in developing and delivering our coaching and playing ambitions through the Men’s 2’s and as part of our coaching team. With a dedicated committee, 13 senior teams, a thriving junior system, and supportive membership it is an exciting time to be associated with Timperley Hockey Club and be part of our future plans.
We offer a competitive salary in line with experience, qualifications and time committed. It is to be noted thatthe successful candidate would be self-employed.
Please contact Rob Turner, Men’s Head Coach (email@example.com) or Dave Price, Men’s
Club Captain (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV if you are interested in this role, if you have any questions or want to discuss the role further.