Hockey for Heroes is an amazing charity using Hockey as our sport to help, the Hockey for Heroes team work to raise funds for Help for Heroes. Timperley Sports Club / Hockey Club are delighted to be partnering Hockey4Heroes this year to host Day 3 of their latest challenge on Sunday 28th May 2023 with a full fun filled day for all the family, hockey lovers, supporters of the local teams competing and anyone from the local community who fancies taking a look at hockey up close !
There's a fun-filled day from all with the hockey starting at 11am and finishing around 6.30pm. As well as 8 games of hockey we've:
- fundraising cake stall (bakers - any donations welcome !)
- face painting
- hockey challenges between games
- the H4H team will junior a junior challenge session for 30 mins to put the younger visitors through their paces for a donation of £5 at 2pm / 2.30pm
- we've a super raffle with some cracking prizes including a £100 hockey voucher kindly donated by eighteen hockey
- 4 men's and 4 women's games v local north west opposition ! (with former GB international Mel Clewlow in the H4H women's squad!) - see schedule below.
- bar open all bar and bar food available
- opportunities for our young blues to volunteer for ball patrol and helping on the day (ideal for any D of E volunteering needed as well as for a great cause) - contact Anna Mawby, Shelagh E or Woody if interested
All Proceeds raised during the day will go towards the Hockey for Heroes #OpLastPost fundraising campaign - so come along for the day or drop in as and when you can ! Thanks to local hockey player Bex Ward and https://balanced-nutrition.uk/ the Day 3 sponsor.
#OperationLastPost will see sportsmen and women from Hockey for Heroes playing 54 games of hockey and undergoing 457 kilometres of endurance challenges in nine days, between May 26 and June 3, 2023, to raise £100,000 for Help for Heroes. Day 3 is at Timperley is their only North West port of call so lets make it a good one when they play games 13 to 20 of their epic 54 match tour!
They're a determined bunch and have set a target to raise £100,000 from #OpLastPost and are well on the way to doing this even before the first match is played having raised over £34,000 already. if you can't make it down why not make a donation, however small or big via Just Giving https://www.justgiving.com/team/OpLastPost Or check out their Online Auction of Promised https://auctionofpromises.com/OperationLastPost
Why 457km...? 457 is the number of British military deaths in Afghanistan and in typical Heroes fashion, they will acknowledge each and every life lost to remind people of the sacrifice our service personnel make on our behalf. The teams are putting themselves through this challenge with the sole aim of raising money and awareness in support of Help for Heroes.
So come along and support the day, have some fun in the sun and all for a great cause!
1100 Game 13 Women H4H v North West Masters & Friends
1100 Game 14 Men H4H v Liverpool Mixed Squad (Men)
1300 Game 15 Women H4H v West Derby
1300 Game 16 Men H4H v Alderley Edge
1500 Game 17 Women H4H v Bowdon
1500 Game 18 Men H4H v Brooklands
1700 Game 19 Women H4H v Timperley
1700 Game 20 Men H4H v Timperley