Join us on Monday 6th June 2022 19:30 - 20:45 for our 135th #OneClub THC AGM (Online)
It's that time of year again when AGM's come long like buses! We'll be online from 19:15 and will start the meeting 19:30 on Monday 6th June and we hope you'll join us for our AGM and the opportunity to find out more bout future plans, ask questions and elect you new committee ! We've gone online again by popular demand! Last year's the Nicholson's tuned in from Cornwall so let's see who win the furthest away location prize this year - so even you're away from WA15 you can join in ! All welcome - all members, players of all ages and parents of players.
More details will be send to members (and parents) including the 2021 Minutes, full Agenda and the link to join us online - so keep an eye on you inbox early next week, and team What's App Groups.
The AGM Agenda (below) gives you heads up on what we'll be covering and feel free to send in any questions in advance, or if you can't make it or ask on the night. The AGM is an important part of running our Hockey Club - if you've enjoyed your hockey this season and being part of the club a lot of that is down to how we run the club so please do come along and learn more about how 2021-22 has gone and our future plans.
As we grow and develop as a Club on and off the pitch its even more critical that we have a active group of volunteers from across the club to help deliver everything from #greatmatchdays to socials for juniors seniors. We've everything from Committee Roles to small jobs that all make a big difference and this season we want to set up a number of small working groups of members and parents to run with specific areas to share the load.
We had to delay the planned workshop and survey due to other priorities but will be running over the Summer. So look out for more communications and how to get involved and help make Timperley and even better #GreatHockeyClub.
For the AGM will need to election our 2022-23 #OneClub THC Committee as part of our Governance. [/b]NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN ![/b] for the core elected roles:
Vice Chair (TSC focus)
Vice Chair (THC /playing focus)
Men's Club Captain
Women's Club Captain
Hockey Development Chair
The hockey committee meets monthly and provides the overall direction and co-ordination of the full range of activities required to run a hockey club of our size and scope. In addition, the committee and work is supported by a number of appointed roles that perform key roles in making hockey work at TSC including: Umpire Co-ordinator; Sponsorship and Fundraising Co-ordinator and of course all of our senior captains and many other volunteer roles and all play an important part in making hockey happen and developing and improving what we do. We welcome players, parents, supporters and former members who like to get involved and make a difference to hockey at Timperley.
Due to the our continued growth we'll also be setting up two new committee for 2022-23
- THC Junior Committee (for all THC activity for U18 and below) - more comms to follow
- Timperley (EH) Talent Academy Management Committee
Interested in getting involved or one of the core committee roles ?
- If you would like to find out more about any of the committee roles or other volunteer opportunities please contact Shelagh, Kieran, Jo Ro, Colin or any committee member for a chat
- If you wish to stand for one of the nine committee roles above please email email@example.com by 18:00 Sunday 5th June 2022 ideally with the following details:
- Your Name (and you need to be a member of the Timperley Sports Club (hockey section)
- The role(s) you'd like to stand for
- Name of a Club Member to propose you for the role (or we can help find a proposer!)
- Name of a Club Member to second you for the role (or we can help find a seconder!)
- Please confirm that your proposer and seconder have agreed to do this
There is flexibility around how we do the roles and how they work with the committee members so get in touch and let's work out how you can get involved in taking THC forward next season.
Timperley Hockey Club - 2021 - 2022 Annual General Meeting Agenda
- Monday 6th June 2022 7.30pm to 8.45pm
- Online (link will be sent to members)
1. Welcome - Shelagh Everett (Chair)
2. Apologies for Absence - submit to Rob Judd, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Minutes of the 2021 AGM and Matters Arising
- approval and matters arising (not covered by the agenda)
4. 2021 - 22 Finance Report and accounts
5. Review of the 2021 - 22 Season and Reports
6. Election of 2022 - 23 Officers and Committee
7. THC Development Plan and plans for the 2022 - 23 Season
8. Timperley Sports Club Update
9. Q&A / Open Forum
10. Any Other Business
We'll be trying to keep this short and snappy and interesting and plenty of time for questions too ! If you'd like to submit any questions in advance please email to Rob Judd, Secretary, email@example.com or Shelagh Everett, Chairentwisle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kieran Jeffrey will again be taking on the 'role' as the 'people's voice' managing the online chat and making sure we get through as many questions as possible and sharing any interesting observations from the 'chat'
Finally, a big thank you to all the current committee and and all our amazing volunteers - we hope you can join us to wrap up the 2021-22 season and look forward to plans for 2022-23!