NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN for the forthcoming election of Directors to the Board of Timperley Sports Club Ltd. We also have a range of opportunities to get involved through a number of other roles that are appointed.
One of our strengths as a Hockey Club is being part of a strong multi-sports Club (Timperley Sports Club Ltd) with a track record on improving and developing its facilitates for members and the community and giving us a great home as a club, and a great #foursportsoneclub to be part of. This all happens thanks to the members of all four sports and non playing members who get involved in running our sports Club.
So, why not get involved in helping to run and develop our Sports Club by standing for election to the Board, or by joining one of our sub-committee or working groups?
There are all sorts of ways and roles available so have a chat with one of the current Board if you'd like to find out more. Take a look at our 2021 Annual Report (attached) to get a feel for the work of the Board and the running of the Club that sits alongside the work of our sections to deliver our four core sports.
Elections are being held for three current vacancies on the Board - for Directors elected from and by the members. Nominations are welcomed from eligible members who are committed to the Club, with skills and experience needed to run and develop the Club and particularly from female members to improve the current the gender balance. Find out more about the role of Director and the Nomination and Elections process (attached).
The closing date for Director Nominations is 22:00 on Tuesday 5th July 2022.
- If you are interested in finding out more about the role, the role of the Board and responsibilities please get in touch for more information or an informal chat.
- If you would like to put yourself forward for election, please follow the process (attached) and submit your Nomination by 22:00 on Tuesday 5th July 2022. An online election will be held if necessary and results announced at the 2022 AGM on 21st July 2022.
- If you would like to consider the role of Director in the future and or develop into it we would welcome the opportunity to offer support and development opportunities to taking up the full role in the future.
There are many ways to support the running of TSC Ltd in addition to being a full Board Director. If you would like to get involved, but can’t fully commit at present to the Director role, please get in touch and we can work with you to find a role that works for you and the Club and puts your skills, experience and energy to good use !
Please complete the online TSC Ltd Director Nomination Form by 22:00 on Tuesday 5th July 2022 or contact Shelagh Everett, Secretary for a form to complete.
More about the Director vacancies up for election:
- 3 vacancies for Directors on the TSC Ltd Board to be elected by eligible members of TSC Ltd. See more details attached
- The roles are open to all eligible members of TSC Ltd aged 18 and over
- These are all volunteer unpaid roles and Directors don't derive any benefits from their post
Please complete the online TSC DIRECTOR NOMINATION FORM by 22:00 on Tuesday 5th July 2022 or contact Shelagh Everett, Secretary for a form to complete.
Other opportunities (these are appointed roles not elected)
We've a wide range of ways to get involved in helping to run and develop the Club from specific roles to being part of working or sub groups, here are some of the areas we are looking for members to get involved with:
- TSC Ltd Secretary, or Assistant Secretary – an important role in how we run the Club in line with our Rules and good governance. The Assistant Secretary role offers the opportunity to get involved in a support role and or to learn more about the role of Secretary potentially to take on the full role in the future.
- Getting involved in the relaunch of a number of TSC Ltd working groups, roles and committee including:
• Sports and Community Development and particularly someone with a passion and interest to Chair and lead this important part of what we do
• Fundraising working group including to help organise our 2022 Great Timperley Auction and other old favourites and new fundraising initiatives
• helping to run our new Membership processes and system
• helping to develop Club communications, including social media and helping develop the relaunch of the TSC website
• helping to set up, lead and run community based activities for example setting up a Walking for Health group based at the Club
• OR if you have other skills, interests, expertise or a willingness to learn and give up some time to contribute to running and developing the Club.
If you’re interested in finding more about other ways to get support the Club contact Shelagh Everett, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org and of the current Board or Info@timperley-sports.com for a chat and more information.
SAVE THE DATE - for our 3rd Annual General Meeting of TSC Ltd to be held at the Club on Thursday 21st July 2022 at 19:30. Calling notice with the meeting agenda, business and supporting papers will be issued 14 days prior to the meeting.