Its back - Race Night with a Difference returns to Timperley on Saturday 23rd September 2023 - first race is 7pm! Snap up your tickets NOW as ticket numbers are limited to 80 race goers so that everyone can get a ring side seat to be part of our evening race meeting!
Make a day of it we've eight home senior games including the headline National League match at 4pm Ladies 1 v Harrogate. All welcome - great night for all ages, singles, teams, families and supporters !
Get your tickets here
RACE NIGHT 2023 Tickets - £5 a person [/url] Only 80 tickets available so don't miss out ! If you had tickets for the postponed Feb 2023 these will be transferred to this event or refunded we will be in touch to confirm.
Not sure what its all about ? Take a look at the video from the 2020 Event to give you a feel for what its all about ! https://www.timperleyhockeyclub.com/videos/race-night-with-a-difference-at-thc--29th-feb-2020-157129.html . Book at table with your team or friends, join a table and then chip in to a kitty if you can and enjoy the fun!
This is our first big fund-raiser social of the season is all about having a good old THC night out and helping raise funds towards Hockey's contribution to the Blue Pitch Replacement Project - so its all in a good cause too! They'll also be a raffle on the night so any donations very welcome, an auction with a few specific hockey items up for grabs. We're already seeing the benefits of our previous Blue Pitch fundraising with the arrival of our splendid new dugouts - the £7k raised by members through socials over the past two seasons. Now its time for the big push for the pitch replacement in Spring 2024 so lets get off to a flying start.
Fancy being a Race Sponsor - £50 or sponsor the whole no?
Race Sponsors will be supporting a great cause and get their name on the race card, have a race named after them and if attending present the winning owners and jockey their prizes ! Race Sponsors can be .... individuals, your race syndicate group of friends, your business, or any local business you know - its just £50 per Race and if interested please contact Shelagh Everett asap. PGN Kitchens, sponsor of Ladies and Men's 1's, are thanked for their continued support and for being our main Race Night.
Find out a bit more about this mad - cap event and how it works, how you can get involved on the night and where to get your tickets and reserve a table. This will be a great event to be friends and family along to as well so lets make it a sell out - only 80 tickets available.
A Race Night with a Difference - what's it all about !
The evening is run by Each Way Events who've a wealth of experience of working with community groups like us to put on fun, interactive fund-raising events.
So here's how it works and you where the audience come in !
- Buy your tickets in advance for £5 each (for all ages) via Pitchero Shop or Bar. You can buy up to 10 tickets in one purchase and we can book you a table for your group to join in the action. https://www.timperleyhockeyclub.com/videos/race-night-with-a-difference-at-thc--29th-feb-2020-157129.html">CLICK HERE to buy your tickets
- the evening is a club fundraiser (monies raised (after costs) will go into hockey's fundraising efforts to support the Blue Pitch Replacement.
To make the evening work we need you to bring CASH (yes real money) with you! You don't need big sums . Most tables chip into a kitty and use their 'pot' to bid to try and buy a horse in each race - plus the betting on the Races is small stakes too.
Its a fully interactive night - and a great way to get involved on the night as an owner of a horse, jockey, punter or just a spectator!
- before each race the 6 horses will be auctioned off so here's where you get involved and bid (as a group or individually) to buy a horse and the chance to take part in the race. You get to name your horse and choose a jockey to done the racing colours and take part in the race. You can buy a horse on your own or join together with mates and buy a horse together in a syndicate. Most groups set up a kitty for this part of the evening.
- Betting booths will open before each race and your can buy a ticket (in multiples of £1) to back the horse you think will win the race. Odds will be announced before the race starts and anyone with the winning horse will win a cash prize
- Each race will see our 6 horses go round the track and the winning horse will win a cash prize for the owner(s) and be presented with our race sponsor prize too !
- the Winner of each Race (owners and jockey) will get a CASH prizes and for those betting on the winning horse will collect their winnings too. A percentage of the monies collected from the horse auction and betting will go into the prize funds for the races. Its all for a good cause and we're sure everyone will have a great night.
- depending on timing we plan to hold 5 or 6 races over the evening each race involved 6 horses. Each race will be a little different with difference challenges building up to our final race of the evening the Grand National! There are NO screens or films or horse or other races from the far flung lands!
Lets make this a really good night by getting a big crowd along - why not get your mates, friends, families to come down the more the merrier.
The evening will start from from 6.30pm so make sure your down on time not to miss the first race at 7pm.