Thanks to some hounding and tracking down of the contractors, Club Manager Col Taylor has got more details and negotiated some limited access to help access to the club.
The re-surfacing will starting 27th September until 4th October so there will be disruption to local traffic not just during the closure hours but due to contra-flows and temporary traffic lights and uneven surfaces.
All members can assist but sharing lifts, leaving the car at home to get some extra steps in, hopping on a bike, taxi or bus! Its also going to be really busy this Saturday 28th September with 8 home games, the opening National League Games and floodlights opening so please help by reducing the number of cars on site. We will be operating a ONE WAY system on the 28th September to make help reduce the drive clogging up and make it safer with so many people down. Enter Stockport Road - Exit Wood Lane.
Here's the latest on the roadworks and access to the club
(things may change at anytime so please be aware we can't control things !)
1. The roadworks are delayed and the road closure & works will now commence on Friday 27th September at 20.00. Work is due to be completed by Friday 4th October.
2. The contractors will not be working Saturday and Sunday.
3. Road closures are planned to begin each night at 20.00. Access during the daytime, although slow because of the road surface / possible contra flow etc.. should be maintained.
3. The works themselves (as opposed to road closure) start after the entrance to the club, a bit further down Stockport Road towards Altrincham.
Consequently Col has been able to that the contractors will maintain access to the club at all times from the east (Shaftsbury Avenue/Hare & Hounds end).
Access from Altrincham end of Stockport Road after 20.00 past the Golf course cannot be guaranteed and will be, at best, troublesome.
4. On that basis we will now keep the club's Wood Lane exit closed as normal, apart from on Saturday 28th September due to the amount going on at the club will operate a one-way system. Enter Stockport Road - Exit Wood Lane.
5. Team Captains / Parent Managers of teams - please advise your opposition of the potential for delays (even during the day) and to allow extra time to get to the club. Likewise for away games captains and parent managers should factor in additional time it may take to get on the road from the club.
Look out for any further updates. Thanks to Col for his efforts on this.