We're at the midpoint of Lockdown 2 and so to try cheer everyone up a little we've gone with the a symbol of hope this week and a rainbow over the club! With infection rates in Greater Manchester starting to come down, the roll of a vaccine getting nearer and the 'R' coming down too we are hopeful of a 'Return to Hockey' from early December. We may not be playing but there's still plenty of activity and plans to report this week !
Kick off the weekend with the Movies and chase to win cash prizes !
Now we're all stuck in again on a Saturday Night before Strictly or I'm a Celebrity takes over your evening why not join in TSC 300 Club Draw and Movie Quiz 18:00 on Saturday 21st November all live on @timperleysportsclub facebook page. Last month we had three lucky hockey winners - Phi Boyd, and club Captains Jo Robinson and Col Taylor so get yourself a number in the 300 Club Draw by17:30 using PayPal for £4 and be in it to win it! This month with Nick Burnett holed up in Cheshire Jarrod Sykes is back as our host and we'll be having a short Movie Quiz complied with Col Taylor ..... apparently no Movie knowledge needed !
Farewell Pat and a letter from Australia
In a moving day on 11th November many past and present friends of THC and the Club we're able to say their farewells to Patty as his funeral cortege made one final trip to the clubhouse. It was yet another great tribute to the man and what he meant to so many to see, read and hear more tributes to a life lived to the full. RIP Patty and we will celebrate and remember in true Timperley style when we can in 2021. The news of Pat's passing also saw many people reconnecting with the club and people and we have received so many kind words from far and wide.
Nick Burnett has shared a letter from Australia (attached) received from Alastair Rice who many will remember from his time playing and coaching the 1's, in the old shed and on numerous THC tours. It includes some wonderful memories of his time at the club in the 80's and earl 90's and we're sure it will bring back so great memories.
Week one of THC on line done!
Thanks to everyone who took part in this weeks online sessions - and a big thanks to our coaches for grappling with the technology and format to get the hockey conversations going ! Club sessions for men and women generated lots of ideas when we get back on the pitch and on line sessions on the 24th November and 1st December. Whiteboarding and tactics for the 2/3's and M1 and the Ladies 1 got creative too in their session thinking about their ideal team mate. Look out for invites and Zoom links for next weeks sessions.
Its also an ideal time to do some of the online EH modules for captains, volunteer coaches and parent managers too - see links Senior and Academy Players, Whistlers, Volunteers and Parent Managers - online activities
Hockey Committee Meeting and all things planning !
No rest for our committee who met this week to keep pressing on and keeping momentum as we wait to get back on the pitch! We need to keep felxible as we've no idea if we will be back in Tier 3, 2 or some other set of restrictions but whichever it is if we can play we will play ! This month the committee looked at:
1 - Rebooting Hockey from early December
We've scoped out a programme for the whole of December to offer loads of hockey for all ages / levels ! We'll be sharing more details next week on:
- League or Equivalent matches expected for most teams on 5th and 12th December and training to restart hopefully on 6th (Academy) and 8th Academy and Seniors)
- festive club 7's (over 3 Tuesday 15th, 22nd and 29th December)
- festive games on 19th December
- academy festive games and actives
- run off the turkey or nut roast games on Sunday 27th December
- and New Year Challenge Games on 2nd and 3rd January to start 2021 on a hockey high !
To do all of the above we need to do a re-boot session with our Covid Support Team to make sure we can run Covid Safe Hockey and remember all the rules and reporting ! There'll be a Zoom session for all the Covid Support Team and captains before 1st December
2. Finances - keeping the wheels on !
- remain a challenge as we start to eat into our Reserves so all focus now on planning events and activities for 2021 to help us raise funds to cover our 2020-21 season costs
- if you have outstanding match fees please pay asap to save you being chased - check on Pitchero - any outstanding senior TSC Subs
- if any Academy Fees and TSC Subs are outstanding please Pay Subs and Fees via Pitchero
3. Planning and Housekeeping!
- we'll be working up a plan for even more hockey in 2021 with our regular and hopefully some new tournaments including the return of the academy fancy dress tournaments. The plan will also include off pitch social events too including our Annual Dinner (tickets from 2020 will be carried over unless a refund if required)
- if you'd like to join the term involved in organising and running tournaments or events please contact Anna Mawby, Jackie Lord or Kieran Jeffery
- ClubMark Accreditation and Safeguarding housekeeping. We're looking for an additional Welfare Officer (man) to work alongside Steph Ashworth and will be using lockdown to start a health-check on all our ClubMark processes and documentation. Again anyone who'd like to get involved in helping us with this key work please contact Shelagh E or Anna Mawby
Plenty to keep the committee busy in Lockdown !
Time for shopping !
It's that time of year to have a look through the THC (and now TSC) range for some Christmas ideas to gift some your loved ones some hockey and #oneclubfoursports stash ! We've a good range of items at £20 or less so have a mooch and see what you fancy ! We've also a 10% Lockdown Discount available on all items ordered from Silver FX - Use discount code LD2 until 2nd December for 10% discount - Take a look at the extended THC kit and accessories range
That's all for this week - hopefully in a weeks time we may have some more positive and news about when we can Return to Hockey after Lockdown 2 hopefully ends